The OnePlus 6T has just being released in the market and they are available globally. Since, we know that many of the 6T users would be interested in rooting the device, here is our guide to root OnePlus 6T and install TWRP along with unlocking the Bootloader. The best part about the Oneplus company is that even after rooting your warranty is intact.
If you have been waiting on for a guide on how to root OnePlus 6T, you are at the right place and just follow the guide below.
Requirements to root OnePlus 6T
- A good pc with ADB and fastboot files/drivers.
- USB drivers for Oneplus 6T (you can get it from XDA forum)
- Go to developer mode and enable the debugging mode.
- Don’t execute any step further if your battery is above 50%
- As you are aware that unlocking the bootloader will wipe your data from the internal storage which will include apps, settings and at times SD card data aswell. so make sure that you have made a backup out of the phone.
- nable Advanced reboot
Unlocking OnePlus 6T Bootloader
- Simply power off your device.
- Keep holding Volume Up and Power Button and wait for the device to boot in boot mode.
- Attach the USB wire between PC and device.
- Navigate to the ADB installation folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot)
- Type in cmd in the address bar and hit enter
- To check if your device is connected properly, run the following command.
- If you see your device serial number, it means your device is connected.
- Now run the command mentioned below to unlock the bootloader of your device and please note that this command will wipe off all the date of your device.
fastboot oem unlock
- Once your device has been rebooted go to the recovery mode by pressing the power and volume down button for few seconds and wipe all user data and reboot the device again.
Install TWRP on OnePlus 6T
- Start the ADB again using the same procedure we have done before.
- In the Terminal, enter this command:
fastboot boot /path/to/twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.img
In the command above, replace /path/to/ with the actual path to the twrp file.
- After executing the above command your phone will boot to TWRP, go to Advanced > ADB Sideload and then swipe at the bottom to start it.
- Now use this command on the PC to flash the TWRP zip file.
adb sideload /path/to/twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.zip
Now you are done and can do anything with your device. all you have to do is to get your desired OS files (check xda forum for valid OS files for your OnePlus 6T) and use TWRP to flash the custom/stock OS.
In our personal opinion, we have found TWRP one of the best tool for flashing custom roms and troubleshooting in recovery mode.