Today we will learn how to install TWRP 3.2.3 on Google Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL. These are the latest most dominant gadgets launched by the company. Due to excellent cameras and a stock Android experience, it is in the list of hottest devices nowadays.
Dear reader, we have tested this method and it is 100% working. This method doesn’t require any formatting, whether it is manual or automatic. Still, we want you to be at the safe side. We strongly recommend you to create a backup for device’s internal storage.
Follow the below-mentioned steps very carefully. We are guaranteeing that this method worked but we cannot guarantee that it will produce the same results for you too!
- Pixel 3 or pixel 3X.
- Now you have to unlock the bootloader. After this custom recovery message will be flashed. If you have not proper guidance about it then please follow a guide carefully to unlock the bootloader.
- ADB and fastboot must be installed and set up on your operating system. Whether it is window, mac or Linux.
Google has launched third generation devices just a few months ago. They are still in the early stage of development. It is also true for this build of TWRP recovery for these devices. Most things are working fine but NLP file transfer isn’t working. We have no idea that when this issue will get resolved. By using adb you can push and pull files. We know this method is not so convenient but we have no other choice right now.
How to Install TWRP 3.2.3 on Google Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL
- Connect your device to PC with a USB cable.
- Launch minimal ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- For windows, you can find it in the start menu or just search for it.
- If you are a MAC user, launch terminal window inside ADB folder.
- For Linux, launch a terminal provided ADB was installed system-wide.
- Now you have to make sure that connection has been established. Just write this command “adb devices” in terminal or command window.
- MAC and Linux users make sure to use “./” before every command. As a result, your device serial number should be displayed before the word “device”.
- Boot your device into the fastboot mood. Write down this command “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Kindly read the below-mentioned instructions carefully before entering this new command. Now, enter this last command “fastboot boot /path/to/twrp-3.2.3-x-xxxx.img” to boot your device with with TWRP.
- If the twrp file is already present in adb folder then no issue. You have no need to write a proper path. If not, then in the above command, replace “/path/to” with the actual path to the twrp file.
- Similarly, write down the exact name of the twrp image at the place of “/twrp-3.2.3-x-xxxx.img”.
- Just in case, if you’re flashing the image on a Pixel 3 and have the twrp image file inside the ADB folder, then write down this command “fastbootboot twrp-3.2.3-0-blueline.img” instead of above one.
- At this stage, your device will boot up in TWRP recovery. Just swipe the slider at the bottom to allow that recovery.
- Just click install and select the file “twrp installer zip” that you have already transferred to your device. Swipe at the bottom to flash it.
- Done? Finally, the last step is here. Tap on the “reboot system” button.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TWRP 3.2.3 on your device.